NEWS: Celebrity Cruises wins 12 Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards. The awards adds to its nearly decade-long list of accolades. Wine Spectator annually recognizes restaurant wine lists which feature a well-chosen assortment of quality producers along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.
For nine consecutive years, Celebrity Cruises has set the standard for onboard wine programs, holding more awards from the world’s leading authority on wine than any other cruise line.
In addition to receiving 10 “Awards of Excellence” for the second consecutive year, Celebrity received two coveted “Best of Awards of Excellence” for its unique wine lists on the brand’s newest ships – Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Edge – making it the only cruise line among a small, elite group of establishments in the world that have received awards for the past nine consecutive years.
All of the main dining room restaurants on ships in Celebrity’s Millennium and Solstice Series received this year’s “Award of Excellence.”
“We’ve taken the utmost care to curate a collection of wines that not only complements the culinary experience for our guests, but is synergistic with the destinations we visit,” said Cornelius Gallagher, vice president of food and beverage for Celebrity Cruises. “The recognition from such a prestigious group is a testament to the details we’ve poured into ensuring we create a special wine experience for our guests.”
Celebrity Cruises wins 12 Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards and the list includes:
- Celebrity Apex – Cyprus (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2020) and Fine Cut (“Award of Excellence” since 2020)
- Celebrity Constellation – San Marco (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Eclipse – Moonlight Sonata (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Edge – Normandie (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2019)
- Celebrity Equinox – Silhouette (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Infinity – Trellis (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Millennium – Metropolitan (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Reflection – Opus (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Silhouette – Grand Cuvee (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Solstice – Grand Epernay (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Summit – Cosmopolitan (“Award of Excellence”)
With more than 500 selections from the world’s most sought-after wine regions and some of the most acclaimed labels, Celebrity Cruises offers one of the largest wine collections at sea. An educated and knowledgeable team of Sommeliers onboard every ship help navigate the options and offer a variety of experiences that immerse guests in wine education and enjoyment including:
- World Wine Tours – opportunities to sample different wines from across the globe and learn about regional and varietal technicalities
- Food and Wine Pairing Workshops – samples of contrasting pairings to teach the fundamentals of food and wine chemistry and the way food and wine interact
- Destination Wine Tours – immersions into beautiful regional wine-producing areas around the world, including winery tours and tastings
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise discounts and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit or voucher. Click here for the best cruises Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 best cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise.