NEWS: AIDAdiva is the eighth ship in the AIDA fleet to cruise in just three days’ time as she arrives in Warnemünde for short trips starting October 16 and winter cruises in the Caribbean.
The arrival in the “home port” was a meaningful experience for the bridge crew, too. Frank Jacobi, Staff Captain AIDAdiva and residing in Rostock, got goose bumps just thinking about it.
“For me, the entrance into the port of Warnemünde is one of the most beautiful, because the scenery is truly unique: the view from the sea canal from the tea pot to the Neptun hotel is simply indescribable. The enthusiasm of the cruise fans ashore is just as unique.”
AIDAdiva is eighth ship in the AIDA fleet to cruise and his colleague on the bridge, Andre Schalowski, Safety Officer AIDAdiva, agrees with him one hundred percent, as for him “as a nautical engineer who was born in Rostock and lives in Warnemünde, there is no better port in the world. Passing the pier heads, the lighthouse on the starboard side and the Warnemünde seagulls is home for me.”
Hotel Director Harriet Umbrich is really looking forward to welcoming the first guests, who are expected on October 16, 2021. “We have made intensive use of the past few weeks to prepare our beautiful ship for the guests and trained all processes with the crew. Now we are ready and can hardly wait for the ship to be revitalized!”
The first two cruises with AIDAdiva will take the guests to Gdansk, Visby and Copenhagen on five-day trips. On October 26, AIDAdiva will start for the Caribbean from Warnemünde. Powdery white dream beaches await the guests on Tortola, Samana, St. Maarten and in Basseterre on St. Kitts and Nevis, the sister islands of the Lesser Antilles.
AIDAdiva is eighth ship in the AIDA fleet to cruise and the individual departments are preparing the first reception of guests on board AIDAdiva in three days:
- The bridge crew around Captain Thomas Mey is ready for the first trip with guests (from left to right) Frank Jacobi & Andre Schalowski. (Picture 1)
- The crew sorts and stocks the display of the jeweler on board AIDAdiva with the last pieces of jewelry.
- The gallery is also ready for all guests interested in art.
- In the outdoor area of the restaurants, tables and chairs have been adjusted for the sea view to be enjoyed even in the most beautiful sunshine.
- The shore excursions department controls their vehicle fleet for the popular bike excursions.
- The bars and restaurants have also been given a glossy finish. The crew is happy to finally be able to feed guests again.
You might also like to read AIDA extends Canary Island cruises
Also check out Official Cruiseguru’s YouTube channel