NEWS: Silversea Cruises Silver Moon offers an ultra-luxury experience. Building on the phenomenal success of Silver Muse, Silver Moon will take
inspiration from the design of her sister ship to push boundaries in ultra-luxury travel. Silver Moon will maintain the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite accommodations that are hallmarks of the Silversea experience, while bringing elements of innovation and an array of enhancements. Here are highlights.
- Launching in August 2020, Silver Moon will be the ninth ship in Silversea’s fleet and will push the boundaries of ultra-luxury, immersive travel as the best ship in her class.
- Silver Moon is being built by Fincantieri in Ancona, Italy. The shipyard is renowned for its innovative approach to shipbuilding.
- Guests capacity: 596; Crew capacity: 411
- CREW-TO-GUEST RATIO: 1:1.45
- Tonnage: 40,700 Tons
- Length overall: 212.8 m
- Max speed: 19.8 knots
- All Silver Moon suites feature ocean views and 96% have a private veranda
- In all suites, guests will benefit from the personalized service of a butler with one of the highest space-to-guests ratios at sea. (68)
- Silver Moon will incorporate “Green Star 3 Design” – assigned to ships that are designed, built and equipped to prevent air and water pollution
Sea and Land Taste (S.A.L.T.) program
- Silver Moon will introduce a pioneering new culinary programme Sea and Land Taste (S.A.L.T.) which will unlock immersive culinary experiences for the guests, adapting with the sailed region. Adam Sachs, former Editor-in-Chief of Saveur magazine, will curate S.A.L.T.’s programme.
- The pioneering concept will enable travellers to use food to dive deep into the world’s richest cultures, to truly understand the soul of a destination.
- Silver Moon will be the first of Silversea’s ships to incorporate an entire ecosystem for culinary discovery, designed around the S.A.L.T. programme:
- A.L.T. Kitchen will be the 3rd largest restaurant on board, with a capacity for almost 160 guests. As S.A.L.T. Kitchen’s offering will be inspired by regional cuisine, the menu will change to take guests deeper into the culinary cultures of the visited destinations.
- A.L.T. Bar will be situated on Deck 4, next to S.A.L.T. Kitchen. It will offer guests the best selection of local cocktails, wines and spirits, served by specially trained bartenders who will explain the context of each drink.
- A.L.T. Lab, designed specifically for culinary exploration, will host workshops, demonstrations and lectures. Guests will learn from local chefs and food experts and discover regional ingredients, before experiencing food cultures on immersive, unique land-based experiences.
- La Dame – Silversea’s signature French restaurant will embrace a completely different look and feel on Silver Moon. The restaurant will be relocated from Deck 4 to Deck 8, which will allow for a beautiful outdoor view and seating, as well as an increased capacity – from 30 to 56 seats, almost doubled the size compared to La Dame on Silver Muse. The restaurant will be decorated with bespoke, handmade 11 Lalique crystal panels in the theme of Masque de Femme and
- Atlantide will have the same position as on Silver Muse, yet the surface will be increased on Silver Moon, bringing the capacity from 176 to 220. As per the rest of the fleet, Atlantide will have an open seating policy for guests’ enjoyment.
- Kaiseki – Minimalist yet sophisticated, the enhanced design of Kaiseki Japanese restaurant is a wonderful expression of seasonality. Silver Moon’s concept of this venue is in fact based on harmony with the feeling, the atmosphere and the seasons.
- Silver Note will be enhanced aboard Silver Moon with a repositioned performing area for optimized visibility.
- Other signatures restaurants on board Silver Moon will include La Terrazza, The Grill and Spaccanapoli.
- Arts Café will embrace the same concept, look and feel as on the Silver Muse. Only the position will change from the port side of Deck 8 to the ship’s starboard side.
- Dolce Vita, located at the heart of the ship, will be reimagined aboard Silver Moon. The bar will be relocated to the centre of the area, dividing the space into two sub-areas: an evening bar, with more formal setting; and a bar/café in which guests can relax during the daytime.
- Connoisseur’s Corner will be repositioned to Deck 9 and expanded. In addition to benefitting from a new design, this enticing space will incorporate a new Wintergarden area, which will create a sheltered and inviting area outdoors.
- The Pool Deck bar will be increased in size, as well as altered in shape to accommodate more guests. Steps into the pool basin will incorporated, allowing for easy access into the water.
- The Zagara Beauty Spa will be larger, with enhanced spaces indoors and outdoors. The facility will comprise a large thermal area, relaxation area, and gym.
- The following venues: the Panorama lounge, the Venetian Lounge, the Boutique, the Zagara Beauty Salon; and the Casino will stay similar in concept and design to those spaces aboard Silver Muse.
- Silver Moon’s accommodation options will have one of the highest space-to-guest ratios at sea, with Silversea’s trademark level of comfort. Every suite will benefit from the personalized service of a butler.
- Silver Moon’s inaugural voyage will see guests journey from Trieste to Rome, departing on August 6 for 11 days.
- Silver Moon will spend her inaugural season in the Mediterranean, before crossing the Atlantic Ocean to Fort Lauderdale, in order to unlock the Americas for guests from November 2020.
- Silver Moon will complete a full circumnavigation of South America on the Grand South American 2021 an alluring alternative to Silversea’s World Cruises.
Source: Silversea Cruises
You might also like to read Cruiseguru’s review of the Silversea Cruises Silver Muse.
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise deals and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit/voucher.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise. Thank you for your support!
For deals on Flights and Hotels check Trip.com here: Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.