NEWS: Ultra-luxury cruise line Seabourn releases details for spa and wellness on their new ships aboard the line’s new purpose-built expedition ships.
Occupying a space all its own on Deck 7, Spa and Wellness has been designed by Adam. D. Tihany and will offer many opportunities for Seabourn guests to enhance their expedition with physical, social, environmental and spiritual wellbeing through its onboard Mindful Living Program: Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil.
“Spa & Wellness is sure to be a standout space for our guests to embrace feelings of wellbeing in the midst of adventure on expeditions to the wonders of the world on our expedition ships,” notedJosh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn.
“Over the past year, wellness has grown in importance in many people’s personal lives, and our highly-trained staff will be devoted to providing a robust series of mind and body programs and rejuvenating treatments developed in collaboration with Dr. Weil to ensure travellers can relax, reconnect, and recharge during their time on board.”
As conceived by Tihany, who is fashioning the design of interior and exterior guest areas throughout the Seabourn ships, Spa and Wellness is at once sleek, serene, and inviting.
The 3,700-square-foot space integrates the concept of a contemporary ‘floating forest,’ with details including a textured tree-inspired art mural, light wood-and-bronze material palette, and live wood features to usher guests into the reception area. Striking natural stone flooring plays off muted sage and orange accent colors found throughout the spa, while the branches of the ‘floating forest’ spread like delicate fingers into four tranquil treatment rooms, each arrayed with neutral, textured wall coverings, light wood, and bronze accents.
Tihany’s design touches continue into the spa’s yoga and fitness areas, both of which feature an open wall of windows for guests to soak up floor-to-ceiling views of the sparkling seas and coastal panoramas gliding by outside. The spa’s sauna will also offer floor-to-ceiling windows, a new design amenity for Seabourn Cruises and unique to the expedition ships.
Integral to the Spa and Wellness experience on board will be the popular Mindful Living Program developed by Dr. Andrew Weil and currently available across the Seabourn fleet. Led by a specially trained Mindful Living Coach, the program will comprise a holistic mind-and-body approach to wellbeing, offering complimentary yoga and guided meditation sessions, as well as illuminating seminars on topics ranging from integrative medicine to nutrition, pain management to creative aging, and more.
Skilled therapists will offer massage for the face and body, as well as detox, cleansing and wrap services. The fitness center within the spa will be outfitted with a range of cardio and strength equipment, with a Fitness Director on hand to offer spot-on assessments and train guests in various fitness regimes. A full-service salon will also be part of the scene, with hair styling, facials, manicures and pedicures available for women and men.
Seabourn Cruises Venture is scheduled to launch in December 2021, with the second yet-to-be-named sister ship slated to launch in 2022. Seabourn Cruises Venture will sail on a series of 10- to 14-day Norwegian Winter voyages during her inaugural season between December 2021 and April 2022.
Both ships will be designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include a plethora of modern hardware and technology that will extend the ships global deployment and capabilities.
A new and exciting offering will be two custom-built submarines carried onboard, providing an unforgettable view of the world beneath the ocean’s surface. The ships will also be designed to carry expedition kayaks and 24 Zodiacs that can accommodate all onboard guests at once, which will allow for a truly immersive experience. Both expedition vessels will feature an onboard crew that will include outstanding and well-traveled expedition teams comprised of highly regarded wilderness experts, scientists, historians and naturalists.
These fascinating, accomplished experts are also part of the Seabourn Conversations program, providing in-depth insights into the history, ecology, and culture of the places they visit. Each ship will feature 132 luxurious oceanfront suites with furnished verandas.
More details about public spaces and suites on the new expedition ships will continue to be revealed in the coming months.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel. Our all-inclusive, boutique ships offer: all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; and a pedigree in expedition travel borne through the Ventures by Seabourn Cruises program.
Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe travel with more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO.
Guests of Seabourn experience extraordinary offerings and programs, including partnerships with leading entertainers, dining, personal health and wellbeing, and engaging speakers.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world’s top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
- World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
- All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
- Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveler to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Inclusive expedition experiences with Zodiacs, scuba diving and snorkeling
- Optional expedition experiences with kayaks and custom-built, 6-guest submarines giving the option to extend your expedition further for greater ocean exploration**
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating your journey
- World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveler with unique attributes and spaces to enhance your experience
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program**
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*At the Captain’s discretion
** Optional programs, for additional charge
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise deals before prices go up.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and may earn a small commission if you book a cruise. Thank you for your support and enjoy shopping on this trusted site that has about 30,000 cruises and served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years.