NEWS + 8 PHOTOS + VIDEO: Celebrity Cruises Summit cruise ship will sail to Alaska beginning July 23. The voyages are seven-night itineraries roundtrip from Seattle on the beautifully appointed Summit that was part of the line’s $500 million fleetwide ‘revolution’ to its ships.
With a series of nine sailings through mid-September, this will mark Celebrity Summit’s first time sailing Alaska’s stunning waters. She will then reposition to the Caribbean, via a 16-night Panama Canal sailing, and begin a series of four- and five-night itineraries.
“I just can’t say enough about how wonderful it is to return to Alaska. I have always had a special place in my heart for the incredible people, amazing wildlife and the beauty of this great state and once our guests visit, they do, too,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises. “The Alaskan communities have been hurting without the economic support they receive from tourism, and especially, the cruise industry. I am grateful to our elected officials across the country for recognizing the need and finding a way to restore them to their livelihoods.”
Celebrity’s Alaska cruises take guests to the most unforgettable coastal destinations to marvel at the wildlife, wilderness and natural beauty of the Last Frontier. Sailing the line’s popular Alaska Dawes Glacier Cruise, the ship will visit some of Alaska’s most awe-inspiring destinations including:
- Ketchikan – Uniquely nestled at the southernmost entry to Alaska’s famous Inside Passage, it is the best spot for a flightseeing excursion of the Misty Fjords;
- Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier – Sailing through this 30-mile-long stretch, guests are surrounded by granite cliffs, mountain valleys and dozens of gushing waterfalls before viewing the 600-feet-tall and half-mile wide Dawes Glacier. One of cruising’s must- experience highlights, the ship does a full turn here, providing views of this incredible feat of nature to guests on both sides of the ship;
- Juneau – This energetic capital city is home to Mendenhall Glacier and Mt. Roberts, and has more hiking trails than roads.
- Skagway – once the heart of the Gold Rush, visitors can explore the Yukon on the White Pass Railway
All sailings will depart with vaccinated crew and everyone over the age of 16 must be vaccinated; as of August 1, 2021, all US guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.
All new 2021 Alaska sailings open for booking on May 25, 2021 and more information about the wonder awaiting on a Celebrity cruise through Alaska is available at https://www.celebritycruises.com/destinations/alaska-cruises.
And, because vacations should be effortless from the start, Wi-Fi, drinks and tips are now ‘Always Included’ on every Celebrity cruise, simplifying the luxury vacation experience.
Celebrity Summit is now the sixth ship returning to service for Celebrity Cruises. Previously announced offerings from the new-luxury brand include:
- Celebrity Millennium leading the cruise industry’s Caribbean Comeback with seven-night itineraries from St. Maarten beginning June 5;
- Celebrity ApexSM making her world debut in the Aegean, sailing the Greek Isles from Athens, Greece beginning June 19;
And three of the new-luxury brand’s stunning ships sailing the breath-taking Galapagos Islands including the state-of-the-art mega yacht Celebrity Flora beginning July 4; followed by the award-winning Celebrity Xpedition and intimate 16-passenger Celebrity Xploration on July 24, and September 18, respectively.
Guests can expect to sail with a set of comprehensive measures and procedures developed in collaboration with the corporation’s Healthy Sail Panel, and in compliance with U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and government authorities around the world, providing an uncompromised and relaxing vacation experience while focusing on prevention and mitigation to protect guests, crew and communities.
Here’s a 9-minute video Ship Tour of the Celebrity Summit cruise ship
Source: Celebrity Cruises
You might also like to read about what it’s like to Cruise to Alaska
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise deals and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit or voucher: Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise.