NEWS: Royal Caribbean outlines its vaccine policy. For cruises departing from all U.S. ports except Florida ports, the line requires all guests 16 years of age or older to be fully vaccinated. From August 1, all guests 12 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated. Younger travelers not yet eligible for the vaccine will be able to sail with a negative test result and must follow certain protocols.
On cruises departing from Florida ports, all guests are strongly recommended to be fully vaccinated. Based on the line’s guest surveys, they expect 90% of all guests to be fully vaccinated.
Guests eligible but not fully vaccinated or able to show proof of vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols at their own expense. Children not eligible for vaccines will be subject to complimentary testing and health protocols.
Vaccine requirements are one of the many layers that safeguard the well-being of their guests, crew and the communities they visit. The additional health and safety measures include fully vaccinated crew, testing, the robust onboard ventilation system and enhanced cleaning.
As Royal Caribbean works to finalize these measures for cruises departing from U.S. ports, in collaboration with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well state and local authorities, their goal is to fully comply with federal, state and local laws.
Royal Caribbean will continue to evaluate and update its health and safety measures as circumstances evolve and in compliance with federal, state and local government and health authorities.
The vaccine policies, which are in line with local regulations, are currently the following:
- Cruises from Seattle: Guests who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those 12 or older as of Aug. 1
- Cruises from Florida: It is strongly recommended that guests set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible. Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols at their own expense. These expenses are still being finalized. Based on guest surveys, they expect 90% of all our guests to be fully vaccinated
- Cruises from Texas: Guests who are 12 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Cruises from the Bahamas: Guests who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those 12 or older as of Aug. 1
- Cruises from the UK: Sailing UK residents above the age of 18 must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 are required to receive negative test results.
- Cruises from Cyprus: Guests above the age of 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 with negative test results can sail.
- Cruises from Spain: Guests above the age of 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results can sail.
- Cruises from Singapore: Sailing Singapore guests are not required to be vaccinated but must follow the protocols outlined by the Singapore government.
Source: Royal Caribbean
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise deals and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit or voucher: Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise.