NEWS + 8 PHOTOS: Royal Caribbean Spectrum of the Seas cruises Asia in October on 2- to 4-night Ocean Getaways starting October 5, 2021 for Hong Kong residents.
Guests will enjoy world-class international dining, next-generation entertainment and state-of-the-art amenities when spending their first holiday out of Hong Kong in more than 16 months. The sailings, exclusively available to residents of Hong Kong, are now open for bookings.
“We are excited to get back to delivering memorable family vacations in Hong Kong,” says Bert Hernandez, president, Greater China, Royal Caribbean International. “Our strong partnership and collaboration with local governments and key stakeholders around the globe have clearly allowed cruising to become one of the safest vacation options in the world. We look forward to welcoming back the region’s premier ship, Spectrum of the Seas, to Hong Kong.”
Approved by Hong Kong’s health and tourism authorities, the cruises will be available to all Hong Kong residents. On board, all crew and guests age 16 and older are required to be fully vaccinated.
By Oct. 15, travelers 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. All guests, including children who are currently ineligible for vaccines, must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test. More information on health and safety measures can be accessed on the Hong Kong government’s website.
The vaccine requirement is one of the many layers of measures that safeguard the well-being of guests and crew. These measures are part of the cruise line’s Royal Promise commitment which includes fully vaccinated crew, the robust onboard ventilation system, enhanced cleaning and sanitization. Royal Caribbean will continue to evaluate and update its measures as circumstances evolve with various government and health authorities.
“Cruising is a popular holiday vacation choice for Hong Kong residents, and we at Royal Caribbean are delighted to welcome the government’s plan to reopen the world-class Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and offer an exciting and safe option for the people of Hong Kong on Spectrum,” says Crystal Campbell, managing director, Hong Kong, Royal Caribbean International.
“The demand for travel from travelers is expected to be very strong, and we are very excited to have cruise holidays back for both trade and tourists given the current travel restrictions, which will definitely be a truly fun-filled and safe holiday experience while the Cruise industry is resuming soon,” said Jason Wong, Chairman, Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong.
Experiences on Asia’s largest ship
Spectrum offers the perfect combination of high-tech experiences, providing adventure-loving guests a wealth of onboard features:
- Cutting-edge and transformative venues such as Two70. Boasting stunning 270-degree ocean views by day and transforming into a multidimensional theater by night, this transformative space flaunts six agile Roboscreens, breathtaking live performers and mind-bending aerialists to create unimaginable visuals. Meanwhile SeapPex, the largest indoor active space at sea, features bumper cars, roller skating, laser tag and more; and in the Bionic Bar, robotic bartenders serve up bespoke cocktails.
- Asia’s first Sky Pad, a virtual reality, bungee trampoline adventure where guests strap in and don a headset to transport themselves to another time and planet.
- A bold lineup of signature activities, including the North Star, an all-glass capsule which ascends 300 feet above the ocean, delivering incomparable 360-degree views; the FlowRider surf simulator; and RipCord by iFly, the first sky diving experience at sea.
- Award-winning, full-scale performances and special guests take the stage each night in the Royal Theater.
- Other amenities include the Vitality Spa and Fitness Center, Splashaway Bay kids aqua park, the Adventure Ocean kids program and more.
- Spacious and family friendly staterooms. Spectrum boasts an array of staterooms, from exterior balcony staterooms to family friendly interconnected rooms, to the signature two-level Ultimate Family Suite, which features an in-room slide and a recreation room for karaoke and video games.
- Royal Caribbean’s first and exclusive suites-only area, which features the exquisite Royal Suite Class Star, Sky and Sea accommodations in a private enclave, supremely positioned at the forward end of the ship. Guests booked in these luxury suites have special keycard access, a private elevator and a dedicated restaurant and lounge.
- Nineteen distinct dining options serving up flavors from around the world, ranging from imaginative cuisine at Wonderland by Dadong, top-notch, aged beef at Chops Grille; and authentic rustic fare and handmade pasta at Jamie’s Italian. Sichuan Red is a new specialty dining experience tailored just for Spectrum, where diners can savour a bold tapestry of authentic spices and Sichuan flavours.
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise deals and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit or voucher: Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise.