NEWS + 22 RENDERINGS: Seabourn Venture ultra-luxury expedition ship will depart from UK on April 10, 2022 for its maiden voyage.
The change is due to pandemic disruptions and related supply chain challenges. “We had the opportunity to visit Seabourn Venture at the T. Mariotti shipyard and were amazed at the design and beauty of the ship,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “The ship will now launch in time for the inaugural summer season in the Arctic in 2022.”
Seabourn Venture ultra-luxury expedition ship will depart from UK on April 10, 2022 and guests currently booked on Seabourn Venture voyages scheduled to depart between December 11, 2021 – April 24, 2022 received details about cancellations specific to their booking. The ship will sail two new itineraries around the UK, including the inaugural voyage from London, and those voyages will go on sale on August 19, 2021.
The ship marked a major construction milestone with an intimate launch ceremony for its newest expedition ship, Seabourn Venture, at the T. Mariotti shipyard in Genoa, Italy.
Seabourn Venture ultra-luxury expedition ship will depart from UK on April 10, 2022 and the launch ceremony is an enduring maritime tradition that calls for a “madrina” to preside over the celebratory events.
Serving in this significant role was Jarda Versloot-West, Seabourn’s senior manager of Expedition staffing, who first joined Seabourn nearly a decade ago for the brand’s maiden voyage to Antarctica. She was joined by Seabourn President Josh Leibowitz and T. Mariotti Shipyard Managing Director Marco Ghiglione.
During the ceremony, a bottle of celebratory Champagne broke against the hull to commemorate the milestone. The ship will now move from its dry dock to its outfitting dock at the shipyard, where it will undergo final construction until the ship is delivered.
“This ceremony carries on a rich shipbuilding tradition, representing a significant step toward the launch of our first purpose-built ultra-luxury expedition ship,” said Leibowitz. “I receive notes from guests and partners across the travel industry on a regular basis, who eagerly await the arrival of this beautiful, very capable ship that will take them to places many people dream of visiting one day.”
“After the steel cutting and keel laying, we are all here to celebrate another important milestone before the final completion of Seabourn Venture,” said Ghiglione. “The dedication of all people involved in the construction is a matter of pride for T. Mariotti, and we are absolutely sure that we are building something special: a unique ship that will be the top in the luxury cruise expedition market.”
Seabourn Venture ultra-luxury expedition ship will depart from UK on April 10, 2022 and the traditional coin ceremony for the ship was held on July 13, where Versloot-West welded a commemorative coin to the ship structure.
The second yet-to-be-named sister expedition ship is also under construction at T. Mariotti. Both ships will be designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include modern hardware and technology that will extend the ships’ global deployment and capabilities.
Each will carry two custom-built submarines, 24 Zodiacs, kayaks, and a 26-person expert expedition team.
Seabourn ships offer all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; and a pedigree in expedition travel borne through the Ventures by Seabourn program.
Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe, traveling to more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
Guests of Seabourn experience extraordinary offerings and programs, including partnerships with leading entertainers, dining, personal health and wellbeing, and engaging speakers.
Guests of Seabourn experience extraordinary offerings and programs, including partnerships with leading entertainers, dining, personal health and wellbeing, and engaging speakers. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
Highlights of expedition ships:
- Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
- World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
- All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
- Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveler to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Inclusive expedition experiences with Zodiacs, scuba diving and snorkeling
- Optional expedition experiences with kayaks and custom-built, 6-guest submarines giving the option to extend your expedition further for greater ocean exploration**
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating your journey
- World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveler with unique attributes and spaces to enhance your experience
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program**
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
** Optional programs, for additional charge
More information can be found here.
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise discounts and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit or voucher. Click here for the best cruises Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 best cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise.