NEWS: Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady cruises from Port Miami offering a mix of four- and five-night Caribbean itineraries.
Dubbed the MerMaiden voyage, Scarlet Lady will offer her Sailors an experience of a lifetime, full of surprise and delights, mermaid-forward experiences woven throughout the voyage, and of course, mermaids and mermen celebrating alongside guests.
On the heels of a successful preview season in the UK, Scarlet Lady arrives in Miami to offer consumers a new way to sail the high seas.
Featuring a mix of four- and five-night Caribbean itineraries, the brand offers an unparalleled Virgin experience with a mega yacht-inspired boutique hotel at sea.
This adults-only experience presents the perfect backdrop for the vacation everyone needs, with no reason to stay home.
Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group, says, “For more than 50 years, Virgin companies have been bringing innovation to industries. Virgin Voyages is very much charting our own path, offering a fresh perspective on cruise travel with a mix of the familiar and a healthy dose of Virgin satisfaction.”
Virgin Voyages five-star experience comes without compromise, leading with health and well-being at the forefront.
On top of requiring full vaccinations for both Sailors and Crew, all guests will be tested for COVID-19 prior to boarding, a cost covered by the brand.
The goal is to ensure the safest possible travel experience, which includes implementing best practices around sanitization, physical distancing, limited occupancy and following local government guidelines in each destination Virgin Voyages sail.
Tom McAlpin, President and CEO of Virgin Voyages, says, “After many years in the making, we are excited to officially launch Scarlet Lady and welcome Sailors in the U.S. aboard for an unforgettable experience. With Michelin-starred dining, incredible spa, phenomenal on-board entertainment and amazing crew, our promise is to deliver a sophisticated, yet relaxed, adult-only experience — free of formality, where ordinary becomes extraordinary. We call this ‘Setting Sail the Virgin Way.’”
Virgin Voyages is bringing a sea of change to the cruise industry with a superior value proposition, giving its Sailors more for their money with all gratuities covered, free Wi-Fi, basic beverages and unlimited group fitness classes – all included in the voyage fare. Virgin Voyages unique offerings also include:
- Adult-by-Design, offering a sanctuary at sea for the 18+ traveler
- Relaxed-Luxe, the VV experience is sophisticated, yet approachable with nods of glamour that are perfectly primed for today’s discerning, modern travelers
- Dining, Done Differently, 20+ eateries that foodies will love; restaurants that rival your favorites on land; Virgin Voyages bid ahoy to buffets and pre-set dining times, opting instead for endless, À la minute options. Something to suit every palate including menus from Michelin-starred chefs, the world’s only Korean BBQ at sea, and a food hall with options ranging from noodles to diner classics for a late-night bite.
- Immersive Entertainment, with groundbreaking acts, original programming and small microplays developed by some of the world’s most-talked about producers, directors and artists
- Shake for ChampagneTM, through the Virgin Voyages Sailor App, Sailors can request Champagne anywhere on-board Scarlet Lady with a simple shake of their phone
- Vitamin Sea, innovative programming with well-being activated through a mix of high-energy moments coupled with relaxation and rejuvenation
Scarlet Lady’s “Fire & Sunset Soirées,” a four-night cruise, will stop in Nassau and then head to the Beach Club at Bimini, a signature waterfront experience in one of the most alluring Caribbean destinations.
Sailors can get that sun-kissed glow and relax with restorative morning yoga classes or lounging by the pool in a private cabana, paired with sunset bonfires and DJ-led floatilla parties.
During her inaugural season, Scarlet Lady will sail a mix of Mexican and Caribbean voyages befitting of any curious traveler’s tastes, with five-night “Riviera Maya” sailings to Cozumel/Playa Del Carmen; five-night “Mayan Sol” voyages to Costa Maya, Mexico, and five-night “Dominican Daze” voyages to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
With an impressive 1,330 cabins and 78 RockStar Quarters, 86 percent of the cabins on Scarlet Lady feature a balcony and 93 percent have an ocean view. Intelligent architecture is built into the dynamic design with additional highlights that include rainfall showers, ambient mood lighting and smart controls, adjusting automatically with the ship’s geo-navigation system.
Virgin Voyages worked with a Creative Collective comprised of some of the most sought-after interior designers, artists and architects including Roman and Williams, Tom Dixon’s Design Research Studio, Concrete Amsterdam, Softroom of London and more. Scarlet Lady’s interiors were conceptualized by Ben Christie and David Azurdia from the multi-award-winning Magpie Studio in London. RWD from Beaulieu England, who are leaders in super yacht design, created the iconic red Virgin funnel of the vessel.
You might also like to read Virgin Voyages Valiant Lady was delivered
Also check out Official Cruiseguru’s just launched YouTube channel here