NEWS: Holland America Line returns to west coast cruising with Koningsdam from San Diego. Waving flags, cheering team members and a “Welcome Home” sign greeted guests as they joined the ship for the cruise line’s first West Coast departure since the start of the industry-wide pause.
The Pinnacle Class vessel is the largest Holland America Line ship to be sailing from the West Coast, and Oct. 10 is the first in a series of 23 seven-day cruise to the California Coast or Mexico that run through April 3, 2022.
“We are thrilled to get back to cruising from San Diego and to supporting this wonderful city and the ports we visit along the West Coast — from Mexico to Washington,” said Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line. “Our guests are eager to be back on board and our team members look forward to reconnecting with them and providing a memorable vacation. We’re ready for a successful season of cruising.”
Holland America Line returns to west coast cruising and in addition to Koningsdam, Zuiderdam also will sail roundtrip cruises from San Diego on longer Mexico explorations, a grand monthlong voyage to Tahiti, and Panama Canal departures. Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam each make one call in spring 2022.
Holland America Line Cruises from San Diego in 2021-2022:
- 23 seven-day cruise departures to Mexico or the California Coast.
- Four 9-, 10- or 14-day “Mexico and Sea of Cortez” cruises from December 2021 through April 2022.
- Two 14-day Panama Cruises in January 2022.
- A 35-Day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas voyage departing Feb. 27, 2022.
- One five-day Pacific Coastal cruise from San Diego to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, departing April 22, 2022.
- One four-day Pacific Coastal cruise from San Diego to Vancouver, departing April 25, 2022.
- One five-day Pacific Coastal cruise from San Diego to Vancouver, departing April 26, 2022.
You might also like to read this cruise ship review of Holland America Nieuw Statendam
Also check out Official Cruiseguru’s just launched YouTube channel here