NEWS: Seabourn Cruises announced its 145-day world cruise in 2024 called Extraordinary Horizons on board Seabourn Sojourn. The voyage includes 72 destinations and ports in 28 countries on five continents, with 20 overnight stays.
Seabourn Sojourn will depart Los Angeles on January 11, 2024, and travel westbound in the highest luxury available at sea. The ship will visit Hawaii, the islands of the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, and a number of destinations in Asia, Arabia, Egypt and the Holy Land, before drawing the World Cruise to a close in Athens, Greece, on June 5, 2024. For guests who cannot sail on the entire 145-day voyage, shorter segments ranging from 22 to 89 days are also available. The 2024 World Cruise will be open for sale on October 13, 2021, and the entire itinerary is available on Seabourn’s website.
“Our 2024 World Cruise aboard Seabourn Sojourn promises to be an extraordinary journey across the world. Whether guests book the entire 145-day voyage or join us on one of the many available segments, guests can look forward to visiting many of the world’s most prized destinations and have opportunity to immerse themselves in diverse cultures,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “Booking a world cruise with Seabourn for 2024 offers a truly incomparable chance to explore the world on the #1 rated cruise line.”
Seabourn Cruises announced its 145-day world cruise in 2024 and Sojourn will call at a combination of popular marquee ports, cosmopolitan cities and smaller hidden gems. The voyage will include 20 overnights and the ship will stay late into the evening in 21 ports, offering guests ample time to explore these fascinating destinations in depth. Among many notable highlights is the line’s visit to Egypt, which includes an overnight visit scheduled for Safaga (Luxor), as well as a stop at Sharm el-Sheikh.
There are three exclusive world cruise events planned for guests booked on the full 145-day voyage, as well as local shows, regional cuisines, and palate-pleasing wines for all guests to enjoy as they sail around the globe.
In addition, the World Cruise will include two of the line’s most popular signature events available to all guests on a complimentary basis: an extravagant Caviar in the Surf beach barbecue on the unspoiled, white-sand beach at Ko Kood, Thailand; and “Evening at Ephesus” at Kusadasi, Turkey, featuring a private classical concert in the ancient ruins under the stars.
Seabourn Cruises announced its 145-day world cruise in 2024 and a sampling of destination highlights includes:
- Sydney, The Great Barrier Reef and Queensland Coast: Try “sand-tobogganing” on the world’s tallest dune, and marvel at the blue-white beauty of the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands. Two days in Cairns highlight the ship’s exploration of Queensland’s coast with awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Great Barrier Reef and the primeval rain forests of Daintree National Park. Darwin in the Northern Territory provides two days of World War II history, jumping saltwater crocodiles and a glimpse of Aboriginal culture.
- Marvels of Japan, Korea and China: Discover the sun-swept islands of “Japan’s Caribbean” — Amami ringed with coral reefs and Okinawa’s ancient Shureimon Gate, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take in Kagoshima’s picturesque skyline, dominated by the snowcapped Sakurajima volcano, and contemplate Hiroshima’s poignant Memorial Peace Park. Overnight stays in bustling Busan, South Korea and Nagasaki, Japan, provide a memorable crescendo to three full days in China’s luminous Yangtze River showplace, Shanghai.
- Southeast Asian Treasures: Zhujiajian’s bridges preserve a medieval Chinese character now hidden in enclaves among Hong Kong’s towering skyscrapers. An overnight stay in Vietnam’s Halong Bay invites guests to absorb its eternal beauty at every hour. Seabourn Sojourn sails right up the Saigon River to the heart of fascinating Ho Chi Minh City. Ko Kood’s unspoiled, white sand beach is the ideal setting for the line’s extravagant Caviar in the Surf beach barbecue, with complimentary watersports to make the day at the beach complete.
- Egypt, Petra and the Suez Canal: The two-day visit at Safaga provides guests ample opportunities to explore Luxor’s immense sculptural colonnades and avenues, tour the temples of Luxor and Karnak with its vast Hypostyle Hall of carved lotus columns, and much more. Later, from Aqaba, discover the long-lost Nabatean city of Petra carved into the walls of a natural canyon fortress.
- The Holy Land and Aegean Empires: Few places integrate antiquities with a modern, cosmopolitan outlook better than Israel. The two-day stay at Haifa is filled with UNESCO World Heritage landmarks of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Judea and Galilee, as well as the Bauhaus White City, colorful markets and seaside promenades of Tel Aviv. Complete your epic near round-the-globe voyage tracing the roots of European history from Minoan Bronze-age Crete to the marble streets of Ephesus and onward to the sophisticated symmetry of the Parthenon standing high atop modern Athens.
The line is planning an array of optional shore excursions in more than 25 ports with designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites thanks to its unique official cruise partnership with UNESCO. The 2024 World Cruise will also feature a number of optional, mid-voyage overland excursions where guests will disembark at one port and rejoin the ship at another port, providing them with a more in-depth experience at certain destinations and sites such as the Luxor & the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, outback adventures in Australia, the magnificent Taj Mahal in India, UNESCO World Heritage sites in China and Cambodia, and more.
Seabourn Cruises announced its 145-day world cruise in 2024 and guests who book the full 145-day voyage will receive a value-packed menu of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay prior to departure in Los Angeles
- Three exclusive World Cruise events
- Exclusive World Cruise President’s event
- Special World Cruise pillow gifts
Guests who book the full 145-day voyage by May 31, 2023, will receive the above amenities, as well as the following additional benefits:
- Roundtrip air
- $2,000USD Shipboard Credit per person for Oceanview and Veranda Suites
- $3,000USD Shipboard Credit per person for Penthouse and Premium Suites
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet® luggage shipping service between home and ship in Los Angeles and Athens, Greece
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Visa package (U.S. and Canadian citizens only)
- 50 percent reduced deposit (US/CAD/AUS markets only)
Seabourn Cruises announced its 145-day world cruise in 2024 and in addition, the line is offering a special 5% discount for repeat full World Cruise guests. Guests who book either the full world cruise or segments and pay in full by May 31, 2023, will receive an additional 3% savings off the cruise-only fare. Certain restrictions apply.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel. The all-inclusive, boutique ships offer all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; a pedigree in expedition travel through the Ventures by Seabourn program and two new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ships coming in 2022 and 2023.
Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe, visiting more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
Also check out Cruiseguru’s recently launched YouTube channel. Visit the Home page and click on the YouTube icon.