NEWS: Hapag-Lloyd Cruises announces from mid-February, all persons over the age of 18 must have a booster vaccination as a prerequisite for travel, provided that their basic immunization against Covid-19 was more than three months ago.
Since the autumn of last year, full vaccination protection against Covid-19 has been a requirement for guests (currently 18 years and older, from February 1, 2022, 12 years old) and crew members alike for traveling on board the Hapag-Lloyd Cruises fleet.
This is done against the background of further increasing the safety for passengers and crew and based on the current vaccination recommendation of the STIKO, which recommends a booster vaccination after three months. (Different regulations may apply to individual trips, about which the cruise line will inform the guests concerned in good time).
Specifically, the implementation takes place from the following Hapag-Lloyd trips and applies until further notice:
- EUROPE 2: From trip EUX2234, 14.02. – 02/28/2022
- HANSEATIC spirit: From trip SPI2234, 19.02. – 06.03.2022
- HANSEATIC nature: From cruise NAT2204, February 19. – 03/08/2022
- HANSEATIC inspiration: From trip INS2231, 24.02. – 16.03.2022
- EUROPE: From trip EUR2235, 24.02. – 03/09/2022
- Private jet ALBERT BALLIN: From travel HKF2200, 26.3. – 14.4.2022
Proof of basic immunization against Covid-19 as well as the booster vaccination must be presented upon embarkation. This must be shown in the vaccination certificate or in the digital vaccination certificate. The cruise line therefore recommends that you arrange a booster vaccination appointment in good time and have a new digital certificate issued.
Please note that failure to comply with these requirements will result in termination of the travel contract and embarkation is not possible. Proof of recovery without additional proof of vaccination is not sufficient.
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises asks guests to check their vaccination status in good time for the booked trip:
- Either: Your primary vaccination / second vaccination (at Johnson & Johnson the first vaccination) was at least 14 full days and a maximum of three months ago at the time of embarkation. Then you do not need a booster vaccination to travel with you.
- Or: If this was more than three months ago, proof of a booster vaccination must be provided at the time of embarkation.
- Vaccines from BionTech / Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are still approved.
Tips are carried out as part of a prevention and hygiene concept, which implements the respective local and international regulations for cruises applicable at the current time of travel and forms the basis for the approval of route planning.
Depending on the area of travel, the specifications are different and can also change at short notice. They concern, among other things, test measures, age limits or deadlines with regard to vaccination requirements, distance regulations and the wearing of masks in certain areas. Guests receive the latest information with their travel documents.
Source: Hapag-Lloyd Cruises
You might also like to read Hapag-Lloyd Cruises Europa 2 sails