NEWS: Celebrity Cruises Beyond successfully completed her sea trials and returned to the Chantiers de l’ Atlantique shipyard in Saint Nazaire, France. In less than 80 days, the fleet’s crown-jewel makes her highly-anticipated debut on April 27, 2022, when she sets sail from Southampton, England.
The latest ship in Celebrity Cruises’ industry-changing Edge Series, Celebrity Beyond conducted her sea trials during the first week of February in the Bay of Biscay near the shipyard. Overseen by more than 50 crew members, including Captain Kate McCue, engineers and nautical experts, the ship showcased that its strength, excellence and superb sailing capabilities go beyond its breath-taking amenities. It displayed a superior level of comfort, safety, maneuverability and fuel efficiency, the latter due in part to the revolutionary design of the ship’s Parabolic Ultrabow.
“I can’t tell you how excited I am to have completed this important milestone as it brings us that much closer to welcoming our guests onboard to enjoy their own ‘Journey WonderFULL,’ on Celebrity Beyond,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “Beyond showed why there is so much more to her than just her looks. Like her sister ships – Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Edge – she went beyond what was needed to demonstrate she’s ready.”
“Successfully completing these sea trials was a thrill of a lifetime for me,” said Celebrity Beyond Captain Kate McCue. “Her smooth sailing and maneuverability is a testament to her innovative design and I can’t wait to take the helm of this awe-inspiring ship and take our guests to equally beautiful destinations.”
Celebrity Beyond will not only hold the title of the largest ship in the Celebrity Cruises’ fleet, but the distinction as the brand’s most luxurious vessel.
Standing at 17 decks high and 21 meters longer than her innovative predecessors Celebrity Edge (2018) and Celebrity Apex (2020), Celebrity Beyond’s look and feel has been carefully curated with newly imagined spaces and expanded versions of the brand’s popular signature spaces, including:
- The Retreat, an exclusive area for suite guests, now featuring a two-story sundeck;
- Transformational accommodations, from modern two-story villas with plunge pools to staterooms with Infinite Verandas®, blurring the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living;
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and stunning resort deck featuring cantilevered float pools;
- A stunning multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar, defining the ship’s aft, from American designer Nate Berkus;
- A first-ever Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea called Le Voyage;
- A redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks and flanked by the new World Class Bar and Le Voyage;
- And, the Magic Carpet®, an engineering feat soaring cantilevered above the sea, offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.
Celebrity Beyond will depart on her maiden voyage on April 27, 2022 from Southampton, England, on a 10-night Western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain.
She will then offer a variety of Mediterranean journeys including nine-night Italian Riviera and France itineraries and 10-night Greek Isles itineraries through early October, when she then heads to the Caribbean.
For more information on all of Celebrity Beyond’s 2022-2023 inaugural season sailings, visit www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond.
Source: Celebrity Cruises