NEWS: Celebrity Cruises wins 15 Wine Spectator awards in the leading wine authority’s annual rating of the world’s best restaurant wine programs.
With this year’s awards, Celebrity has amassed more than 100 awards over 10 years from Wine Spectator, further solidifying its position as the most awarded wine program at sea.
Four of the awards were the coveted 2022 “Best Of” Awards of Excellence, bestowed upon restaurants on the line’s highly acclaimed Edge® Series ships. Celebrity’s brand-new ship, Celebrity Beyond℠, launched at the end of April to rave reviews, received two “Best Of” awards for the wine offerings at Le Voyage, Daniel Boulud’s first restaurant at sea; and at its steakhouse, Fine Cut. Her sister ships, Celebrity Edge® and Celebrity Apex®, also each received a “Best Of” nod. As with previous years, Celebrity Cruises was the only cruise brand in the industry to receive this highest honor.
“Celebrity Cruises consistently raises the bar on superior and innovative food and beverage-focused experiences at sea,” said Cornelius Gallagher, vice president of food and beverage for Celebrity Cruises. “To have our efforts rewarded with this kind of consistent and growing recognition from the experts is very gratifying and it fuels our imaginations for the next decade of perfectly paired offerings.”
Of the 15 awards, Celebrity Cruises received an impressive four “Best of Awards and two “Awards of Excellence” honors, as outlined below:
- 2022 Best of Award of Excellence – Le Voyage,Celebrity Beyond
- 2022 Best of Award of Excellence – Tuscan,Celebrity Beyond
- 2022 Best of Award of Excellence – Normandie,Celebrity Edge (four consecutive years)
- 2022 Best of Award of Excellence – Cyprus,Celebrity Apex (three consecutive years)
- 2022 Award of Excellence – Fine Cut,Celebrity Apex (three consecutive years)
- 2022 Award of Excellence – Fine Cut,Celebrity Beyond
In addition, continuing the long legacy of recognition by Wine Spectator, the following 2022 Awards of Excellence winners on Celebrity ships have also now received this honor for 10 consecutive years:
- Opus onCelebrity Reflection
- GrandCuvée on Celebrity Silhouette
- Grand Epernay onCelebrity Solstice
- Moonlight Sonata onCelebrity Eclipse
- Silhouette onCelebrity Equinox
- Cosmopolitan onCelebrity Summit
- Metropolitan onCelebrity Millennium
- San Marco onCelebrity Constellation
- Trellis onCelebrity Infinity
With more than 500 selections from the world’s most sought-after wine regions and some of the most acclaimed labels, Celebrity Cruises offers one of the largest wine collections at sea.
An educated and knowledgeable team of Sommeliers onboard every ship help navigate the options and offer a variety of experiences that immerse guests in wine education and enjoyment, including:
- World Wine Tours – opportunities to sample different wines from across the globe and learn about regional and varietal technicalities
- Food and Wine Pairing Workshops – samples of contrasting pairings to teach the fundamentals of food and wine chemistry and the way food and wine interact
- Destination Wine Tours – immersions into beautiful regional wine-producing areas around the world, including winery tours and tastings
For more information on all Celebrity Cruises offerings, call 1-800-437-3111, visit the line’s website at www.celebritycruises.com, or speak with a travel advisor.
Source: Celebrity Cruises