CRUISE NEWS: Royal Caribbean introduces Admiral Awesome in charge of family fun. The line reveals more next-level experiences designed specifically for kids, teens and any adults who want to join in on the action — or kick back and watch their families. And for the first time, Royal Caribbean will welcome Admiral Awesome. The newly-created position will be in charge of the family excitement on Icon of the Seas.
From bow to stern, every member of the family can find ways to make memories together and on their own adventures. Here are the highlights for young families, older kids and teens, and friends.
Royal Caribbean introduces Admiral Awesome and parents can join in or kick back while the little ones stay entertained for hours in Surfside, the ultimate stay-all-day neighborhood designed for young families.
- The Larger-than-Life Family Festival, hosted by Admiral Awesome, is a celebration with live music, dancing and supersized games like bowling, ring toss, darts and more.
- The Big Shark Block Party is the ultimate dance party with Admiral Awesome and friends – will keep the vibes alive with themed mashups and classics, like Baby Shark and Baby Beluga.
- Steel Pan Family Jam is for the whole family to drum up rhythms – and memories. Instructional instruments and kid-friendly sheet music will have everyone playing tropical tunes in no time.
- After days at play, kids can get cozy and wind down under the stars with Once Upon a Bedtime Story, the new readings of original bedtime stories narrated by Admiral Awesome.
- There are food and drinks for everyone in Surfside, like The Lemon Post, with menus of unique drinks for adults and kids; Surfside Bites, a convenient window for a quick stop to grab salty and sweet snacks; Surfside Eatery, a buffet dedicated to families that serves up favorites for the whole bunch; and Pier 7 for all-day brunch.
- The award-winning youth program connected to Surfside, Adventure Ocean packs more adventure than ever. Youngsters can let their imaginations roam free with dedicated spaces and activities that engage all the senses, including a place to tinker at Workshop, Hangout – with games and cozy spots to lounge – AO Babies for the youngest of the bunch and more.
Older Kids and Teens
Royal Caribbean introduces Admiral Awesome and older kids and teens have experiences that suit their style and age across adrenaline-pumping thrills and plenty of ways to chill in their dedicated teens space, the Thrill Island neighborhood and more.
- Social 020, a hidden, teens-only hangout with video games, music, movies and comfy lounging.
- Category 6 in Thrill Island is the largest waterpark at sea and home to six record-breaking slides.
- Returning favorites and reimagined experiences in Thrill Island include Royal Caribbean’s most epic mini golf course, Lost Dunes, rock climbing to the max at Adrenaline Peak, the FlowRider surf simulator and the Sports Court for basketball, soccer and more.
Families and Friends
Royal Caribbean introduces Admiral Awesome and kids, teens, parents, extended family members and beyond also have ways to make memories together.
- Laser Tag: The Fight for Atlantis is where everyone can battle it out, adults can challenge each other, or older kids and teens can have at it on their own.
- The Royal Escape Room will have everyone working together to solve the puzzle and find their way out before the time is up.
- Absolute Zero is where the whole family can strap on skates and hit the biggest ice-skating area at sea.
- Desserted in Thrill Island is the first over-the-top and Insta-worthy milkshake bar in the fleet. It will serve up three types of milkshakes, including classic, extravagant and adults-only boozy options.
- Royal Promenade, the heartbeat of Icon, comes alive day and night with restaurants and lounges where families can break bread and be entertained, like at Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar and Spotlight Karaoke.
- And when it’s finally time to settle in for the night, there are more rooms designed for families to bond and do their own thing. The all-new rooms include Family Infinite Balconies that have a cozy kids’ alcove with bunk beds and TVs as well as a convenient split bathroom, and the first-ever Ultimate Family Townhouse with three levels of amenities, like an in-suite slide, a cinema and karaoke room, a wraparound balcony with a whirlpool, and more.
Icon of the Seas will set sail in January 2024 as the first-of-its-kind combination of the best of every vacation. Adventurers can book the world’s best family vacation on Royal Caribbean’s website.
Source: Royal Caribbean
You might also like to read Royal Caribbean reveals Icon of the Seas