CRUISE TIPS: While we celebrate the return of cruising to so many regions around the world, these 25 inspirational ocean quotes are more powerful than ever. Enjoy these quotes about the ocean!
These 25 ocean quotes come from a variety of famous people and no matter how long ago they were spoken or written, they still ‘hold water’ and move us today.
Use these inspirational ocean quotes for your social media channels, blog posts, or simply enjoy these quotes about the ocean for what they personally mean to you.
- “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected on the deep.” William James
- “The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and, in its depths, it has its pearls too.” Vincent van Gogh
- “To reach a port we must set sail. Sail, not tie at anchor. Sail, not drift.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We ourselves feel what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” Mother Teresa
- “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” Ryunosuke Satoro
- “There’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” Sarah Kay
- “Dance with the waves, move with the sea, let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” Christy Ann Martine
- “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” Jacques Cousteau
- “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.” John F. Kennedy
- “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.” Robert Wylan
- “If the ocean can calm itself, so can you. We are both saltwater mixed with air.” Nayyirah Waheed
- “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” Robert Henri
- “If you want to hear the distant voice of the ocean, put your ear to the distant lips of a seashell” Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “You will love the ocean. It makes you feel small, but not in a bad way. Small because you realize you’re part of something bigger.” Lauren Myracle
- “Water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone.” Margaret Atwood
- “For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it’s always our self we find in the sea.” E.E. Cummings
- “Let the waves carry you where the light cannot.” Mohit Kaushik
- “The sea has boundless patience.” Craig Robertson
- “With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live. Sylvie Earle
- “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” Kahlil Gibran
- “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” Gandhi
- “Your thoughts, feelings and sensations are the waves of the ocean – coming and going. There are big strong waves and there are soft gentle waves; they are all water and all part of the ocean.” Rose-Marie Sorokin, The Miracle of Yes
- “The beauty and mystery of the ocean, fills our lives with wonders, vast beyond our imagination.” M. L. Borges, By the Sea
- “Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky.” Sonia Gandhi
As well as these inspirational ocean quotes, for some fun facts about the Earth’s oceans and seas visit the U.S. Geological Survey
Photos: Norwegian Cruise Line Prima
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise deals and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit or voucher: Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise.