CRUISE TIPS: Many cruise lines have a free app to improve your cruise experience. Since the restart of cruising during the pandemic, the cruise line app for your smartphone or tablet has become an important tool to make your cruise safer and contactless. So if you were planning to ‘unplug’ during your cruise instead, you might miss out on important procedures – and fun activities and events.
Using the cruise line app is free since it accesses the ship’s free internal Wi-Fi system. Here are 21 reasons why you need to download the cruise line app more than ever before.
- Manage your cruise booking and registration to upload documents, certificates, take your identification photo and download confirmations and QR codes for officials on the cruise line app
- Watch the virtual Muster Drill and confirm that you’ve seen it. Afterward you must report to the Muster Station for them to check (otherwise your key card might not be activated); or watch the drill on your cabin TV
- Book dining reservations and secure your place in a virtual queue for alerts when your table is ready
- Book shows at theatres and entertainment venues
- Book spa and salon treatments
- Book ship activities such as surfing, ziplining, rollercoaster rides, go-karting and more
- Book childcare on the cruise line app
- Check ship newsletter (or go to Guest Relations to order paper copies)
- View the menu and order meals at restaurants (QR code is on the table or you can ask for paper copy)
- Order food/beverage delivery anywhere you’re located on the ship
- Order room service (or ask cabin steward for paper menu)
- Book COVID-19 test at end of cruise for destination re-entry
- Get a map of where a venue is located
- Book shore excursions
- Book professional photography shoot
- Buy beverage programs
- Buy internet packages on the cruise line app
- Get safety and protocol information
- Access Frequently Asked Questions such as packing tips, travel requirements, what to expect on board and more
- Review your account
- The most exciting aspect of all to download the cruise line app is for the Cruise Countdown to when your cruise starts!
There is also a Chat feature on some apps to stay in touch with your family and friends, but there’s usually a fee of about $2/day.
You might also like to read about the Carnival Cruise Line HUB app
Also check out Royal Caribbean’s enhanced app features.
BOOK YOUR CRUISE BEFORE PRICES GO UP!
Check out Cruise Direct for great cruise deals and to book your next cruise. You can use your current cruise credit or voucher: Cruiseguru Cruise Deals + Shop.
Cruise Direct has about 30,000 cruises and has served more than 500,000 customers for the past 20 years. Reviewed by more than 10,000 people, the company has earned a 4.7/5 rating.
Cruise Direct is a Cruiseguru Affiliate and Cruiseguru may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you book a cruise.